Thursday, June 18, 2009

What a great night of Praise and Worship


Well it is 9:45 and I just got back from a Night of Praise and worship with my sisters in Christ. I love Praise and Coffee nights they give me a chance to catch up with friends, drink coffee and most importantly Praise our Heavenly Father. Tonight was all about worship and I was so excited. I love to sing and love to listen to praise and worship songs. Something is different when we get together with our sisters in Christ and let the walls down to praise our God. The first time I really experienced this was at a Beth Moore conference and I now will jump at the chance to have praise time with my sisters. No offense to our men but when women come together and sing it is powerful. We all come with junk and we all come a little tired from the day and yet no of that matters. It's all about him!! One of the songs tonight talked about God moving mountains and I can't get that out of my head. I get wrapped up in my own little world and I sometimes forget how big our God is. When he speaks things happen, things change, or something is created. We all have those mountains in our life and yet he is there when we fully trust him to move it or blow it up.
Please know I am speaking to myself! I have a tendency to walk around the same mountain, so this song was very powerful for me.
Lets take a minute to listen to this song and Praise our Lord.
Jer 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Mighty to Save-Laura Story

As I mentioned before the part of this song that stuck out to me tonight was he is able to move mountains. What impacted me might be totally different than what was impacting to you.
What part of this song touched you?
When I think about the mountains that he has moved in my life I think the biggest one was our marriage going down hill. He has worked in so many areas of my life but this is the mountain that was truly higher than I ever imagined. Shawn and I have now been married for 9 years on Oct 14th and I love him more all the time. I think back to our wedding day and I know now I didn't have a clue. God did. He knew what would happen in the next few years, and he knew we would both come running to him. We came at different times and in different ways but he was there and he moved those mountains in our lives that were hindering our marriage.
So it is pretty silly when I think about the big mountain that he moved and then I am still waking around this little hill because of my own insecurities.
Our God is mighty to save -He is the author of Salvation- his love is everlasting - he is our only true Savior- he offers forgiveness- and best of all for me, he loves me the way I am!!
I hope you are as blessed from this song as I was, and I hope that if you have a chance to do Praise and Worship with you Sisters you will. It is so worth it.
Love Jaime

2 comments:

  1. It was such a great evening! I agree, there is nothing like worhsipping alongside our sisters in Christ.
    Thank you for sharing from your heart too, your words were powerful!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job too, Jamie. I agree, it was a great night. The whole idea of fretting over little hills when God has moved mountains is powerful stuff. Great job, great post!

    ReplyDelete