Thursday, June 4, 2009

Indescribable





Our God is so worthy of our praise.
This song is a great reminder of how amazing our Creator is and all he has done for us. He is our Creator, he knows the number of hairs on our head, he is indescribable, he is amazing, and he loves his children. It's a bit ridiculous then for me to look at a situation or problem and get overwhelmed or get consumed with fear. I know God is at work and I have seen him work in so many peoples lives and yet sometimes I forget how powerful he is. When I am weak he is strong.
As I looked up weak and strong in the Bible I came across 2Corinthians 12:7-10
This is what is written in the Application part of my Bible:
We don't know what Paul's thorn in the flesh was, because he didn't tell us. Some suggest that it was malaria, epilepsy, or a disease of the eyes. Whatever the case it was a chronic debilitating problem, which at times kept him from working. This thorn was a hindrance to his ministry, and he prayed for its removal; but God refused.
2Cor 12:9 Says My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
So as Paul and you and I see our weakness as something that is hindering us God uses it for his Glory. If we let him, I believe he works through that weakness. If we focus up and not around then all things are possible through Christ. I hope you find time today to listen to this song a few times and think about all he has done for all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment