Sunday, June 14, 2009

Meeting with Girlfriends

Hebrews 10: 23-25
23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Do you think of a certain friend when you read this verse. One that always has great wisdom and has known the Lord for a while. We all need to be spurred on once in a while.I have been blessed to have a few friends that have been a great encouragement to me as a wife and Mom. As women we all do life differently and yet we can learn so much from each other.
From one friend I learn more about being a great and Godly Mom, and from another I might gain insight and encouragement about putting my husband before my children. God has made women for fellowship and community, that is why we feel a little recharge when we take the time to meet with our girlfriends.
As I met with a new friend today I was really enjoying our time and feeling encouraged. Having some time with her to talk through a few things gave me new perspective and a few things to pray about.
Lets take a minute and lift up that girlfriend that came to mind when you read Heb.

No comments:

Post a Comment