Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fear Not


If I open my eyes to what God is doing in our life's I see Him at work all the time.
My girls went to VBS today and had a blast and they learned Fear not because God is always with us. They have been singing and shouting this throughout the day. To hear my girls sing and shouting praises gives me chills.
As the girls and I had a great day Shawn was at work having a not so good day. He had meetings that did not go so well and was dealing with a boss that can be inappropriate. So when it comes time to put the girls down Shawn asked them what they learned at VBS and they said Fear not God is always with us. We both looked at each other and smiled. What a great lesson from a 3 and 5 year old. They have fears of bugs, thunder, loud noises and yet to them these are valid fears. As there parents we have different fears but as the girls reminded us Fear not. God's word tells us:
Romans 8:14-16 NIV
14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship.[a] And by him we cry, "Abba,[b] Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

I learn so much from my girls and today was no exception.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great what our children teach us? Thank you for sharing...praying for your husband this week!

    ReplyDelete