Monday, March 8, 2010

Your Husbands World

Entering your husbands world

Do you really KNOW your husband? We are made for and transformed through intimate relationships. When we have a personal relationship with God we are able to form a bond with Him and our faith and trust is increased. When we let those walls down and choose intimacy with our husbands we will also grow in faith and trust with him.
One way we can connect with our husbands is to enter his world. What is he passionate about?What spills out of him without effort?What brings him Joy? For my husband it is football, more specificly Notre Dame football. His love for the game, stats and players is really hard for me to comprehend. Honestly, the only time I think about ND football is on Saturday when the game is on. In years past, it was really a sore subject for me. I would get so upset that he loved ND football so much. How could he sit and watch games for hours? He doesn't show that much passion for me....
After attending a marriage conference, God opened my eyes to see that I can look at our different passions as a positive or negative. God sees them as a positive and he wants them to strengthen our marriage. We were given the opportunity to go to three, yes three ND games this year. When Shawn got tickets for the first one I told him to take a buddy. Shawn and his buddy both wanted me to go and thought if I went I might convert into an ND fan. Well they were right. My passion is not like Shawn's but I loved going to these games. What I really loved was Shawn's joy and sharing it with him. This gave Shawn and I an opportunity to spend many hours together and talk, laugh and just have fun! So many times we get caught up in the daily grind and forget to have fun and enjoy the gift that God has given us in our spouse. Work, pay bills, planning dinners, home work for you and or the kids... All of these responsibilities are necessary and yet they tend to suck the life out of us. My husband like many men is a kid and heart, and loves to play outside, be involved in or watch sporting events, or just be active. Men love to share these activities with there wives. What does your husband enjoy doing with his buddies? Go fishing, watch a game or the races, play golf. We have a connection and bond with our husbands that no one else can touch, so if they enjoy watching a game with there buddies they would love to share it with us too. When we enter their world, take time to show interest in what they are passionate about it ends up as a win for your marriage.
If I would have insisted that he take his buddy I would have missed this opportunity. After the first game I was totally hooked and wanted the ND gear and was looking forward to the next game. I entered his world and totally loved it. We were blessed with time alone together and it gave us a new bond that we hadn't had before. With busy lives and daily responsibilities this gave both of us a chance to be a little goofy, wear the gear, do the cheers and totally enjoy the game and each others company.
What does your husband love that you could care less about? What does he love that you could do with him? You might even be surprised as I was that you totally get into it and have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment