Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lables

I remember the question well. What labels do you put on yourself. This was from a recent Bible study on Rehab the prostitute. Now that's a label. When I wrote these down I noticed something. Some of the same issues that I dealt with as a child are still part of my struggles today.

School was always challenging for me. I hated to read, and spelling and story problems were also very difficult.
* slow and dumb were definitely feelings I had growing up

So many times I see these labels as a negative or a struggle. Why do I still deal with these labels today? I get frustrated should be over this right! Well the evil one knows where I am weak, so he will use what he can to have fear creep in.

The great thing for children of God, is he uses our weaknesses to show His strength and Glory.

I had trouble reading and spelling ... and funny how this is now my passion. I can't get enough of reading His word and writing how it has impacted me and others. I get excited just thinking about it.

Hebrews 4:15-16
15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need

I know that without God's help, and hand in my life there is no way I would be writing, blogging and wanting to share it with others. He wants to take what we see as a weakness and show us and others His glory. If we always do what we can easily do on our own then our dependence on God is little. I am going to steal a line from a friend(Casey) The More We Depend on God the More Dependable He Becomes. God does not need to do anything to become more dependable and yet the more we trust Him the more our confidence grows in what he is asking of us. When we trust in Him and lay our lives down for Him to be in charge we will be truly blessed.
All thing are possible for those who believe - We have a choice believe in your weakness, or believe He can and will use it to His Glory

*Do you have a weakness in your life that you see God wanting to use to touch others



1 comment:

  1. I have a label for you now...
    beautiful!
    See you tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete