Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's a Faith walk

Psalm 23: 1-2
The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams

Where will the Lord lead his children? Closer and Closer to him and that may be a peaceful stream, or through the Rea Sea, or through a storm.
I love this verse that leads me besides peaceful streams, but if we are honest I think we notice and cling more to Him when he is leading us through the Rea Sea or through a storm.
Exodus 14: 21-22
Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and all that night the LORD drove the sea back with a strong east wind and turned it into dry land. The waters were divided, 22 and the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left

Close your eyes and imagine the Israelites taking that first step. The Sea on either side of you and yes dry ground in the middle. Do they(you) trust or go back to what they(you) have always known. Then every step they took still had the sea right next to them. With that many people they could not just close there eyes and run, it was one step at a time continuing to trust. Scary and new, and yet completely in God's will. He was leading His precious children to freedom, and to do that it was a faith walk.
If you have walked with the Lord for a while, you have your own stories. We have the privilege of reading about the Israelites, Abraham, Daniel, Ruth's and many others whenever we want. I encourage you to write a few of your faith walk stories down to share with others.
Testimony of Gods work, faithfulness is always an encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jaime, your description of walking through the Sea, opened up on each side is awesome. It's incrediable the ground was dry under their feet! I love the way you encourage your readers to step up and write about their faith!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherri - I know for me it's one step at a time and if I look to far ahead I get overwhelmed - Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday

    ReplyDelete