Monday, September 14, 2009

What is our #1 Priority

Luke 9:23
If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

God's timing is always perfect and Sunday's message about taking time daily with our Lord was again perfect timing. Coming off summer where people are trying to fit vacations and play time in to there already busy schedule this was a great reminder.
Picking up our cross is not supposed to be a part of our schedules but a part of our being.
Being so thirsty and hungry for God's word and time with Him that we wouldn't think of putting anything before Him. This is what I want! But to be honest when I was sitting listening to the message I thought how do I get there. I have been there before and feel I have been very lax in my time and devotion lately and yet I don't want to be.
I know that when I get lax about my time spent with my Lord it is not Him who has changed, but it is me. I have shifted my focus to me me me instead of Him Him Him.
I find it interesting that when time with Him is top priority that to do list gets done and then some. When he is first he will guide my path and give me instruction on what is important. Maybe vacuuming the house 3 times a week is not a real priority and the Holy Spirit will speak that truth into my life when I am spending time with Him. This is just my heart and I don't have any questions or answers, but I know that when my first priority is HIM then the rest has always worked out. He gives me the time, energy and knowledge to get it done.
As I was emptying the dishwasher a song came on the radio and it was a great reminder of His love and how he is Jealous for me.- How he Loves David Cowder Band
Hebrews 13:15 - Through Jesus therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise- the fruit of lips that confess his name

No comments:

Post a Comment