Monday, September 28, 2009

Renewed Strength

Isaiah 40:28-31NIV
28 Do you not know?Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint
.
Is there anything or anyone that wears you out.
Something that makes you weary.
I find that having to clean the house one more time
can make me weary and frustrated.
After cleaning for hours on Sat I woke up
this morning to more laundry, crumbs and
books all over the floor.
Little things I know and in the scheme of life
they are really little.
I am just wondering if you are like me and sometimes
wish the house could just stay clean for a few days or even hours.
As I read these verses I was reminded that with my own strength
I do tire easy and I focus on the little details. With the strength of the Lord
he changes my heart and helps me focus on what is important.
When you have little kids playing hair salon, eating
and helping make cookies, and wanting to have a tea party
it's inevitable to have more crumbs and more mess.
God giving us His strength and wisdom is a gift. There is
no way that I can soar with out his help.
There is no way that I can run and not grow weary without focusing on Him
and his Word. I hope on this cold and rainy fall day we can focus on His strength
and not our own.





No comments:

Post a Comment