Wednesday, February 17, 2010

His Instrument for His Glory - previous post



Gods word tells us we can either be an instrument of His Glory or an instrument to this world.
Romans 6:12-14 NIV
12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Can God really use anyone for his instrument? Can he use me a stay at home Mom from a small town that drives a minivan. Can he use a Mom working full time at home and in the work place. Can he use a single women looking forward to meeting her mate. Yes Yes and Yes he can use what ever we give over to Him.
I smile inside when I see God show up where I didn't expect it. A garage sale, in McDonald's,riding my bike. He likes to remind me He is in control and he is with me always. As I sit here this morning with no children, a hubby golfing and a quiet house I am excited to dig into His word. I love this song and loved the part about being His instrument. When I looked up this word I was excited to find Acts 9:1-16. I hope you take a minute to read it and see that God can and will use anyone. He used a man that was killing His people. He used a man that Hated Christians. He used a man that was lost and dead inside. Reading these verses I find it interesting that he hated Christians and yet when he hear the voice of Jesus he listened.
Acts9:15-16 15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."
God had chosen him to be his instrument. God sees what we cant see in ourselves and I love that he used another man to place hands on him. God not only uses Saul but he used a Ananias. They were both able to see and experience Gods glory. I was reading in my Bible and it goes into more detail about Paul saying "Paul's personal encounter with Jesus changed his life. He never lost his fierce intensity, but for then on it was channeled for the gospel."
Jesus has definitely change my life and my families. HE opens my eye to new things daily. When I am upset or hurt about something it doesn't take me long to look at the other side. I know that is him softening my heart. I mess up daily and yet I am changed daily and I hope you are too. Have a great Day

1 comment: