Thursday, February 25, 2010

Knowing His Plan


It would be really sad at the end of my life to find out I had missed God’s plan for me. That I followed my own agenda and missed his. Maybe you are not completely sure what God has planned for you and you wish it was more clear. I know many women that feel that same way. I also know for me there was a lot of fear involved with totally surrendering to his plan. Also a lot of questions. Questions that I had and have to voice and give up to him. Our God is an awesome and understanding God, and wants us to share our hearts. If you are on the fence about what his true plan is for you voice that to him. When I take my concerns to him and give them over I will get clarification. Through his word, through a devotional, through a message at church. He does answer.
Heb 4: 16 - Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
There are many keys to being on fire for Jesus but I think that one of the first’s is constant communication with him. Our world can be scary, challenging and confusing so we have to take our thoughts to him. I love that he knows them no matter what but he wants to hear our voice. I can read my kids and know what they are upset about before they tell me, but I still listen and want to hear what they have to say.
1. Because I love them
2. Because it makes them feel important and loved
Heb 4:15 ties it all together - For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weakness, but we have one who has been tempted in every was, just as we are yet was without sin.
I think God just wanted to reiterate in this verse that we can take anything to him. He already knows our weakness it no shock to him.
What is a weakness that you struggle with that you would love some wisdom and guidance on?
Know that no issue is to big or small God.
My daughter had a finger nail that was bothering her the other day and she reminded me to pray for it. For her it was bothering her and so she wanted to pray about it. Do you, do I have that same attitude about everything in our lives?
Mark 10:15 - Receive like a child

No comments:

Post a Comment