Friday, May 8, 2009

Give To God List

What is on your To Do list for today?
I don’t make up a to do list everyday but on the days I am the most productive I find that I am working hard to cross things off my list.
* fold laundry
*clean up kitchen
* unload and load dishes
* look at and make out bills
The list could go on and on. Many things also happen through the day that are not on the list ,so it is helpful to look back at the list to refocus. You could be unloading the dishwasher and then get called to help set up the train track or help with homework. Then the dryer goes off, and you are off to fold the clothes so they don’t wrinkle. Then the phone rings and it is downstairs. Then you hear someone crying upstairs "-she hit me…"This is why it is helpful to have that to do list because after all that I might be thinking."Now what was I doing."As I have been trying to be more productive I have been making out that to do list almost every day, and yet I am getting frustrated that I am not getting the list done. I keep getting interrupted. Fancy that! Then the light bulb went off. Well, really the Holy Spirit impressed on me, "Are you giving that to do list to me first."So now I go at the to list a little differently.
I call my to do list my GTG list -Give To God
GTG List
Matthew 6:33Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well
( I pick out a different verse every day to add the the top of my list)
* fold laundry
* unload dishwasher
* look at and pay bills
* Go to store
Also as I was writing my list for Friday I thought what would God want on my list for the day?
* Take time to write Shawn a note thanking him for all he does
* Spend quality time with the girls - play a game or paint

I learned another quick lesson as I wrote it down this way. My list is a lot different than God’s, His is all about relationship. In mine I am doing things that need to be done but I am not growing closer to someone by unloading the dishwasher. I think the key for me when I looked at this was balance, and to also give our selves a break sometimes.
Especially Sunday - Again Happy Mothers Day Put your feet up you deserve it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment