Monday, May 18, 2009

Focus your Eyes up

Day 2
This is such a great song and a great reminder to give it all to God.
I hope you take a minute to listen and journal what God is speaking to your heart today.
Are you in the same shoes as Matthew West, and want more than just going through the motions?
What do you feel like when you are lax and just go through the motions?
I think for most of us it’s a day to day decision.
We live in a world that wants our attention and to keep our eyes focused up and not on the world around we need time in God’s word.
Who in your life comes to mind when you look at not going through the motions. Who is completely surrendered to God’s plan.
I know a few people in my life that live completely surrendered to God’s plan but I thought we should look at someone out of the Bible for our example.
Roman 4: 18-21
Against all hope Abraham in hope believed and became the Father of many nations, just as it had been said to him,” So shall your offspring be,” Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promised of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
These great verses have a lot of significance in my life right now. I have been drawn to these verses thought the Holy Spirit for the last few months. They have also come up in Bible studies and church sermons. When verses come up again and again in my life I know that it is not by accident but by the work of the Holy Spirit. I also know that there is so much in these verses that I can learn from and look at in my day to day life. Unwavering belief in God is not the norm in our culture. So this gives me a great example of that unwavering belief and how God comes through on his promises.
Who else in the Bible comes to mind when you think about unwavering faith?
Take a minute to find a verse that supports your answer.
I hope I am not stealing your answer but I chose Mary.
Luke 1:37-38
She was the Lord servant and willing to do as he asked. I am sure that she had many questions and yet she choose to answer the angle with -nothing is impossible with God. I am not sure that I would have had the same reaction.
How do you react when God is calling you to do something that is out of your comfort zone?

Lets pray- Lord as I look at these verses I see that both Mary and Abraham loved you and were willing to do what you asked them to do. Help me to have that unwavering belief in you.

Day 3
Roman 4: 18-21
Against all hope ,Abraham in hope believed and became the Father of many nations, just as it had been said to him,” So shall your offspring be,” Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promises of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.
As you read these verses today and listen to our song for the week what is on your heart and mind. Are you having a great day and finding that God is really speaking to you through this song?
Or are you just trying to make it through the day. I know that we are all on a different walk with God, and yet in the tough stuff in life we do have God right by our side.
Romans 4:19 says that his body was as good as dead and yet this did not weaken his faith
What in your life is as good as dead?
* restored marriage
* selling your house
* complete healing
* no debt
* pure thoughts
*
*
I had a dinner date with a girl friend of mine the other day and again I saw Gods fingerprints all over our time together. Shawn and I had been to a Weekend to Remember just a month ago and we were truly blessed. One of the main focuses was creating oneness. The evil one wants us to go about life by ourselves and God has a much different plan. He is all about relationship with each other and oneness with our spouse. As my girlfriend and I talked I kept thinking about that weekend and what I had learned. She and her husband are in two different worlds right now. She is a Christian and yet right now her hope meter is running low. I have so been there. I know that my God is a big God but in life’s difficult situations it’s hard not to get down and feel a little hopeless.
I left that dinner date a little sad and a little drained. I say that because we just talked about what was going on and she is LIVING it. When you are in the tough stuff it is draining, so don’t think you are alone in that. Also know that when the tough stuff involves your marriage the evil one ds working over time, and loving that you are at odds with each other. The only way to make it through life’s bumps is to keep your eyes focused on Jesus. As much as I want to rush in and help this friend I am not the answer. Jesus is for our marriage and he wants us to turn to him in tough times and it is the only way that I found true peace.
Abraham's body was as good as dead and yet he chose not to look at the facts but he looked up. He took his eyes from the situation and focused them on the promises of God. God is faithful and will stand on what he promises to us and what is in his Word. I see that God likes to use situations that show others his glory not our own. With the age of Abraham and Sarah it is obvious that God would have to perform a miracle. The great news is the word says that Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever so he is still using us to show his glory. (Heb 13:8)
Are you willing to be his vessel?

No comments:

Post a Comment