Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Abundant life

John 10:9-11(NIV)
9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] He will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. 11"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

1 Timothy 1:14(NIV)
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 1:7
Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth

There is nothing better than God's word. I love how we can gain insight and hope from just reading His Word. God says that he came so that we could have
life with him now and forever. Sign me up.
As I was listening in Bible study this morning and thinking about life, I see again that God is peeling away layers in my life and in the women around me. He is doing this so that we can have life more full with Him.

This next video has many great points but one that hit me was when we have experienced God's we are ruined for everything else. Nothing compares to time with Him!

1 comment:

  1. After seeing this video earlier this morning on our dear sister Sue's site, it sent me back to the cross to look up at our mighty Jesus that saves!!

    When Priscilla talks about the God that spoke to those men and women in ancient times is the SAME God that speaks to me now!! Who can fully comprehend His awesomeness!!!??

    I was actually considering doing a post around this video too! I just hadn't taken/found the time yet to do it. So, don't be surprised when you see my post pop up. LOL

    God bless and continue to speak to you girl! <3

    ReplyDelete