Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Grumpy Attitude

Wow what a busy day today. Wednesdays are one of my favorite days because I have a ladies Bible study at my house. The ladies come over some with kids and some with out and we talk, share prayer requests, and go through the study for that week. I am always so encouraged and I look forward to my time with these ladies. Toady's topic was on our attitude and that lead to great discussion.
The busyness started after the ladies left and my positive attitude left with them.
Today was different in the fact that my hubby was working from home and that happens almost never. I was excited that he would be home and yet not excited that he was in my space. My youngest is normally very easy going and she was very clingy and whiny today to the point of nails on a chalk board. The day just seemed to be spinning out of control.
With the discussion on attitude that morning I found myself being short with the kids and ready for bed time before it was dinner time. I was in the middle of a bad mood and not knowing how to change it. Funny how God puts the lessons we need on the exact day its needed.
I am so glad that my Father in heaven is exactly that, a Father. He is always wanting what is best for us and giving us what we need to grow. As I put the girls to bed and apologized for my grumpy attitude I was thinking I am thankful:

* His mercy's are new every morning - He gives us a new start every day

* He is my rock - when I am being moody he is the same yesterday today and always

* He loves me enough to continue to shape and mold me

* I can come to him in the middle of a crazy day and give concerns to Him

So much to be thankful for in the midst of the busyness of life. The busyness today was a good busy and yet it is tiring. When we are busy serving others and our family we have to remember we need to be fed too. As Mom's we need more than just animal crackers and coffee we need the living word!!

Matthew4:4
4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment