Friday, October 16, 2009

Living and Active

Hebrews 4:12 (NIV)
12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
His word is living and I know this when I open my Bible and what I am reading applies to my life right now. Going about my day today I have been singing the song Mighty to Save. The words that keep coming to mind are He can move the mountain's my God is might to save he is mighty to save. Now be thankful that you can't hear me singing them, but I think you get the point. As I opened my Bible hoping to have a few minutes of quiet time I thought what do I look up today?? Sometimes I make things harder than what they really are and waste so much time trying to figure out what I am going to read that there is no time left. So I went to the back of the concordance and looked under the first letter A and the first word Abandon. The verse stuck out for me was 1 Timothy 4:1 This verse did seem a little interesting and then I kept reading.
1 Timothy 4:8 For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
This caught my attention because earlier this week I attended a Weight Loss Gods way meeting at a friends. She has recently given her life to Christ and is very excited about what he is doing in her life. She has really needed His guidance and wisdom and he has provided.
Day after day I am reminded that our God is living and he cares about His children. He puts people together for a reason. He provides this verse at the perfect time. With this weight loss program I am excited to learn how to give that part of my life to Him. To trust that he will help me stop when I want to eat all the cookie dough. Yet I am also reminded that the spiritual has value for all things when the physical only has some value. Focusing only on the physical is where we get into trouble. If we are focusing up and not at what the world wants than he will direct our path.
Thanks you Lord that your word is living and that I can come to you about anything and you have the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment