Friday, January 8, 2010

Is it OK to love my life?

I was looking at a friends facebook and noticed on the side it said
I love my life. It made me think what makes us love our lives. With all that is going on in the world, war, disease, killings, drunk drivers, divorce, ... What makes us look and focus on the good and not the negative?
When I thought about what I loves about my life the obvious came to mind hubby, girls, my mom dad and sister ... These people all have a special place in my life and make me better as a wife, Mom and women. As Olivia and I were down stairs looking for pictures to take for sharing day I had an ahha moment. In most of the pictures we are capturing moments that are special to us. A silly face, a vacation, dress up time, a game, time with friends, and you can add to the list. When I think about what I love about my life it's these moments. Moments with the ones that I love. Moments with the people that God has chosen to be a part of my every day life. Little moments like silly faces and pudding all over there faces. Big moments like having a new baby, Christmas morning, Birthdays...
When I looked at the list I noticed that my car, couch, new carpet,.. didn't make the cut. I enjoy having a car that fits my family and gets us from here to there but when I think about the moments my car,couch and or new carpet don't measure up.
What do you love about your life?
What are the Silly Faces in your life?
What has God blessed you with that makes you smile everytime?

No comments:

Post a Comment