Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Beauty



After listening to this song and a few others I felt so filled and blessed to spend time focusing on God and who He is, and where he opens my eyes to His beauty. It's all around and yet so many times my eyes and heart are not open to see it. I prayed that the Lord would continue to open my eyes to see Him. He sees every detail of me and yet I want to see more of Him, and know more of His character and beauty.

I was blessed to have a big chunk of uninterrupted time today and this prayer was answered very quickly. Have you ever spent time with God and he revealed something to you that you wanted to shout from a mountain, tell your best friend or hubby and yet you knew it was not the right time or maybe you would never tell anyone.

God gave me that beautiful moment of intimacy today and that is where I saw his beauty.

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse NIV

Beauty is seen in
*sunsets
*sunrises
*Lake Michigan
*snowy days
*flowers in the spring and so much more

Another type of beauty that came to mind was in relationships
* seeing an 80 year old couple holding hands
* laughter of children
* husband and wife adopting a baby after trying to get pregnant for 3 years
* flying accross the country to surprise your sister for a girls weekend
Beauty in relationships is a priceless gift!

He created the heaven and the earth, mountians and the spring flowers and the amazing moments that we get to see or be a part of. Pray with me today that God would open our eyes to see more of His beauty because it is everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment